COVID-19, and what we are doing
As businesses start to open again and people begin to feel more comfortable leaving their homes, we will outline what we are doing to keep you safe from COVID-19.
First, I do want to explain what has been going on with On the Ball Orthotics recently. Although we have been considered an essential business from the beginning, we did close to the general public and took scheduled appointments only. During this time, we practiced safe procedures, as outlined by the province, the Pedorthic Association of Canada and the College of Pedorthics of Canada. Over the next few weeks you will see reduced hours for walk-ins. Even with these reduced hours, we strongly encourage calling (705-252-1177) or emailing ([email protected]) for an appointment.
Here is the list of practices we have implemented:
- We sanitize all surfaces before and after each patient, including but not limited to door handles, chairs, desk surfaces, floors (when walking barefoot), pens.
- From when the patient enters to leaving, we monitor every area approached to ensure proper sanitization for the next patient.
- Appointments are scheduled to allow time between patients in order to sanitize surfaces and reduce contact between individuals
- Staff wear masks. Face shields and gloves are worn when appropriate
- Seeing patients by appointment only
- Offering curbside pick up when applicable
- Contactless payment
- Physical distancing marked
- Limiting the amount of people in the clinic to allow for appropriate physical distancing